OUTDOORS AT SETTERGREN'S HARDWARE
2813 West 43rd St, Mnpls, 55410 \ Village of Linden Hills
Daily, Sunday thru Saturday
Lunch, 11AM to 3PM \ Dinner, 4PM to 8PM
LOGISTICS, POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Alright, so we've rules. When we started working this market, we insisted there wouldn't be so many of these. Having rules, regulations and standardization are not our favorite things, but with success comes people and consistency is key. Safety is real important, too. Thus, we give a grouping of tips and techniques to guide your time with us.
NO SHOWS, VENDOR CONFLICTS & WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATIONS
According to our formal policy, a single no-show may mean forfeit of your stall for the remainder of the season.
Our market meets every Sunday, rain or shine. Again, I refer you to the listed no-show policy.
Vendors are required to pay their stall fees in advance. Our market managers keep a master list of paid vendors. Vendors that haven't paid will be asked to pay immediately or leave the market. Seems harsh, but we believe in a pay to play situation.
In the case of inclement weather (thunderstorm with lightening and high winds) you will be notified of a market delay or early closing. Please, please don't contact us - respectfully, we will contact you.
We sometimes have walk-in stalls available. A call will go out early in the work week, and these opportunities are first-come first-serve.
Please note, our policy is to not offer reimbursements for cancellations - unless in extenuating circumstances.
Yes, vendors can pick up dates.
Tent weights are required 100% of the time. We require a minimum of 10 lbs per tent leg. There is absolutely no excuse for not weighting your tent adequately. VENDORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE MARKET WITHOUT THEM.
If you require electricity, vendors are required to pay our $5 a day fee, and must provide their own extension cords. These must be at least 100' long and be of the commercial, outdoor and all-weather variety. Vendors are required to tape down their own extension cords with duct tape.
Our market supplies are very limited, and we rarely lend out items. However, we do have great direct access to a hardware store - as we share their parking lot - and we ask that you purchase from them. They keep lots of regularly used vendor products on hand, and lots of others can be special ordered (think, pop-up tents!).
All vendors are required to provide their own:
Tent and tables with weights (see above)
Sign clearly listing your business name
Compostable beverage and food wares are required by the City of Mpls for sampling and serving
Packaging materials and bags for sales
Checkout items (change float, card reader, receipt paper, etc)
A copy of your food vendor permit
100ft of commercial quality extension cords, should electricity be required
Handwashing station, filled with warm water, two buckets, thermometer and hand soap
The market provides the following:
A 10' x 10' space.
Nearly constant social media work throughout the season.
Earned and paid promotional opportunities from local media outlets.
Regular market programming to include cooking demonstrations, local and nationally known celebs, special events and so much more.
Weekly free kids crafting presented by Heartfelt, a Linden Hills family favorite featuring a unique selection of natural gifts, toys and crafts, as well as offering inspiring and unusual craft classes.
A partnership with Minneapolis Craft Market, a mobile marketplace dedicated to crafts. MCM brings a rotating selection of handcrafted goods by local designers and makers to the Linden Hills Farmers' Market each week.
A dedicated customer base of thousands.
HAND WASHING STATION
As per state ordinance, any vendor serving and/or sampling food is required to have a hand washing station. No exceptions to this rule. Vendors without this, will be asked to leave the market. This exact set up is required. AND yes, you must use the recommended spigot! Our management team will be reviewing all vendor set ups on their first market day. Stations must arrive on site with hot water already in them.
MARKET MANAGER'S MANTRA
My job as a manager is to create a dynamic market place and to dispel the monopoly seen at other farmers’ markets. That means there may be multiple vendors selling a similar product on the same day. This allows for customer choice and provides a sales environment more akin to what an up-and-coming producer may experience in a grocery setting. I encourage you to keep an open mind.
LOAD IN & LOAD OUT
Load in begins at 7AM. Load out begins at 1PM. To keep things easy and traffic moving - we assign stalls on a first come, first serve basis. This only applies to those businesses that haven't registered for our full season, e.g. you aren't attending our market every Sunday. Follow our simple directions, and it will all work out fine.
1. Arrive via the alley way at the rear of our market. This alley way is accessible from Upton Avenue and is situated at the pedestrian crossing between Great Harvest Bread and the restaurant Martina.
2. Like a drive up window, market staff will direct you to your location. Cars are asked to make two or three straight lines, as directed by market staff, and then exit out onto 43rd St.
3. You'll park near to your stall location, quickly unload your vehicle, then move your car to the street. We ask that vendors park at least one block away. Please do not pop your tent until you've moved your car.
We've also been told by the local businesses renting this parking lot, that we are not to unload or load in using the back parking lot (see map below). This can only happen inside the parking lot or via the street. We expect this will cause some chaos please wear your patience pants and be kind to your fellow vendors.
All vendors must be on site and setting up no later than 8:30AM. Vendors will be turned away that do not arrive by 8:25AM.
Typically food trucks are placed on 43rd street, and may be situated in the curb cuts. Sometimes we do host trucks via the alleyway, at the south side of the market. Food trucks should check in with the market manager before parking their trucks.
Vendor load out starts at 1PM. Vendors are required to vacate the space no later than 2PM - if not before. We ask that vendors not pack up before 1pm. Vendors exiting the market before 1pm will be penalized. For more info on this, see the map below.
VENDOR & CUSTOMER PARKING
Customer parking is at a premium. So sorry, folks, there is no lot parking available for vendors. Vendors are NOT allowed to park at the rear of the market in the alley parking lot located between Settergren's, the church parking lot ever.
Your location at the market may vary from week to week, unless you've registered for our full season (every Sunday). We capitalize on an environment where customer energy and curiosity are heightened through exploration. Additionally, our unique layout makes use of corner stalls and supports customers walking past a stall no less than two times per visit.
Vendors that plan to attend our market every Sunday will receive a permanent stall location, meaning they will be in the same location every week - unless the market manager directs otherwise due to special events, or other circumstances. Our managers reserve the right to move vendors to another location at any time.
Unless otherwise directed by the market manager, all vendor tents touch.
VENDOR WASTE & GRAY WATER
All vendor trash must be carried out, along with gray water - no trash or water will be deposited on site. No exceptions. If a vendor samples foods, all customer trash must be removed and deposited off site. Gray water includes any water that is not used - even if it is "clean." Any vendors in violation of this will be charged a penalty.
Electricity is available at our market, but ONLY as needed for food preparation or to hold temperatures of proteins. Vendors should be prepared to use battery power for all electronics such as phones, tablets and card readers. These cannot be plugged in. We appreciate your consideration.
WIFI is not available. I know. We think this sucks, too. However, if you are a Comcast/Xfinity cable/wireless customer you may be able to tap the wifi hubs nearby.
NUMBER OF CUSTOMERS can vary from week to week - especially with special events. Weather not withstanding, we see between 3,500 and 4,000 people every Sunday.
VENDOR & CUSTOMER RESTROOMS are available inside Settergren's during their operating hours starting at 9AM on Sundays. Before this time, please use the Dunn Brother's across the street.
MANAGER'S include folks from the Linden Hills Farmers' Market and Minneapolis Craft Market. Our team leaders may fluctuate from week to week, but the rules, regulations and market policies remain the same.
SPECIAL EVENTS & PROGRAMMING \ PROMOTIONS
Lots of weeks during our season we host special guests and plan for great events to bring in more shoppers and to entertain our regulars. This list of events is constantly being updated. Please go to the Linden Hills Farmers' Market website for more info. Be sure to stay looped in via the Facebook page, and our other social media channels. For a full listing go here.
By registering to vend with the Linden Hills Farmers' Market you agree to the following:
• To be on site and setting up no later than 8:25am. Vendors not on site before then will be asked to leave. This is for reasons such as customer safety and to be respectful to your fellow vendors. Vendors are not allowed to have pets/animals in the market area, unless approved by the market manager.
• Consuming alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited in the market area, unless approved by the market manager.
• All vendors must keep their area neat while selling and make certain that the area is clean before leaving.
• All vendors must represent themselves appropriately (dress, cleanliness, etc.) Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times.
• Market will occur in rain or shine, vendors are required to attend regardless of weather.
• Any vendor, who is not complying with the market rules and policies may be asked to leave, the vendor, in turn, may petition the market coordinator to be re-admitted.
• Any required sales tax collections and remittances are the sole responsibility of the sellers.
• If a booth, canopy, or other item of vendor causes a safety concern, LHFM may require the vendor to remove the unsafe element.
• All vendors agree to abide by fair business practices.
• Vendor assumes full liability for the products they market or sell and hereby agrees to hold the Linden Hills Farmers’ Market, and the business and property owners where LHFM is located harmless against any claim of injury or damage by any buyer, seller, or other persons resulting from the use, consumption, disposition, display or marketing of vendor’s products.
• The Linden Hills Farmers Market is not liable for any injury, theft, or damage to either buyers or vendors arising out of/or pertaining to preparation for/or participation in the Farmers Market whether such injury, theft, or damage occurred prior, during, or after the Farmers Market. Vendor further agrees to indemnify and hold the Linden Hills Farmers Market and the business and property owners where LHFM is located harmless against any claims for such injury, theft, or damage.
• Any perceived and/or actual vendor behavior that may be charged either criminally and/or civilly under Minnesota State Statute will result in immediate termination. Behaviors, include but are not limited to; theft, threats of violence, stalking, or any person-based victim crimes. This policy applies to vendors and/or afﬁliated staff and/or their associated guests.
• Price, terms of sale, etc. are solely between buyer and vendor.