OUTDOORS AT SETTERGREN'S HARDWARE
2813 West 43rd St, Mnpls, 55410 \ Village of Linden Hills
Daily, Sunday thru Saturday
Lunch, 11AM to 3PM \ Dinner, 4PM to 8PM
This is a new opportunity, and hosted by the Linden Hills Farmers' Market and Settergren's Ace Hardware. Starting in August, food truck operators and pop up ready-to-eat food makers can reserve one of two time slots Sunday thru Saturday. All foods must be takeaway, as per the requirements set forth by the City of Mpls.
SPECIAL COVID REQUIREMENTS
All operators must follow current COVID guidelines for food service from the CDC, MN Department of Agriculture, MN Department of Health and the City of Minneapolis.
The operator will be located in the parking lot of Settergren's and not on the street. See map. Should circumstances or arrangement of equipment or product change in the lot, operator is required to follow the direction of the Settergren's team.
PAYMENT, NO SHOWS, CONFLICTS & WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATIONS
Operators are required to register. Booking is here. Cost to participate is $25 per lunch/dinner registration.
According to our formal policy, a single no-show may mean forfeit of all future registrations for the remainder of the season.
In the case of inclement weather (thunderstorm with lightening and high winds), please consider safety first. If the operator chooses to leave in these circumstances. Please send us a quick text in situations where you vacate the stall early.
Please note, our policy is to not offer reimbursements for cancellations - unless in extenuating circumstances. Yes, vendors can pick up dates.
Specific to Pop-ups. Tent weights are required 100% of the time. We require a minimum of 10 lbs per tent leg. There is absolutely no excuse for not weighting your tent adequately. OPERATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE SPACE WITHOUT THEM.
If you require electricity, you must provide your own extension cords. These must be at least 100' long and be of the commercial, outdoor and all-weather variety. Operators are required to tape down their own extension cords with duct tape. Outlets are located on the west side of Settergren's, at least six of them are all along the wall. Please use those outlets that can be reset should the outlet be overloaded. Do not overload outlets. If you have equipment that is higher wattage, please use several extension cords and separate them from other electrical
We do have great access to a hardware store - as you share their parking lot - please consider purchasing from them when in need. They keep lots of regularly used operator products on hand, and lots of others can be special ordered (think, pop-up tents!).
All pop ups or food trucks are required to provide:
Sign clearly listing your business name
Compostable beverage and food wares are required by the City of Mpls for sampling and serving
Garbage for business use
Packaging materials and bags for sales
Checkout items (change float, card reader, receipt paper, etc)
A copy of your food vendor permit
100ft of commercial quality extension cords, should electricity be required
Handwashing station, filled with warm water, two buckets, thermometer and hand soap for operator use
Sanitizer for customer use
We provide the following:
A space to set up and sell
A community calendar
Social media work on your behalf
HAND WASHING STATION
As per state ordinance, any operator (pop up) serving and/or sampling food is required to have a hand washing station. No exceptions to this rule. Operators without this, will be asked to leave. This exact set up is required. AND yes, you must use the recommended spigot! Stations must arrive on site with hot water already in them. NO WATER IS AVAILABLE ONSITE.
OPERATOR & CUSTOMER PARKING & RESTROOMS
Customer parking is at a premium. There is no lot parking available for operators in the lot or in the alley way behind Settergren's. Do not park in front of the store, and please pay attention to all posted parking requirements. No parking in the Church parking lot either.
Restrooms are limited, please plan accordingly.
OPERATOR WASTE & GRAY WATER
All trash must be carried out, along with gray water - no trash or water will be deposited on site. NEVER USE THE GARBAGE BINS BELONGING TO SETTERGREN'S. No exceptions.
WIFI is not available. However, if you are a Comcast/Xfinity cable/wireless customer you may be able to tap the wifi hubs nearby.
By registering to vend with the Linden Hills Farmers' Market you agree to the following:
• To be on site and setting up no later than the directed time.
• Consuming alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited.
• All operators must keep their area neat while selling and make certain that the area is clean before leaving.
• All operators must represent themselves appropriately (dress, cleanliness, etc.) Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times.
• Any operator, who is not complying with the rules and policies may be asked to leave.
• Any required sales tax collections and remittances are the sole responsibility of the operator.
• If a booth, canopy, or other item of vendor causes a safety concern, we may require the operator to remove the unsafe element.
• All operators agree to abide by fair business practices.
• Operators assume full liability for the products they market or sell and hereby agrees to hold the Linden Hills Farmers’ Market, and the business and property owners where F&E, LHFM and Settergren's are held harmless against any claim of injury or damage by any buyer, seller, or other persons resulting from the use, consumption, disposition, display or marketing of operator's products.
• F&E, Settergren's and The Linden Hills Farmers Market are not liable for any injury, theft, or damage to either buyers or vendors arising out of/or pertaining to preparation for/or participation in the Farmers Market whether such injury, theft, or damage occurred prior, during, or after the registered time. Operator further agrees to indemnify and hold the F&E, Linden Hills Farmers Market and the business and property owners where the opportunity is located harmless against any claims for such injury, theft, or damage.
• Any perceived and/or actual operator behavior that may be charged either criminally and/or civilly under Minnesota State Statute will result in immediate termination. Behaviors, include but are not limited to; theft, threats of violence, stalking, or any person-based victim crimes. This policy applies to vendors and/or afﬁliated staff and/or their associated guests.
• Price, terms of sale, etc. are solely between buyer and operator.